Thursday, July 16, 2009

Leaving soon

We are heading to honduras soon.. they won´t let us tell anyone when in case word gets out over the internet and the rebels block the airport. (sounds silly, but i guess it makes sense that if they were able to hold up 50 gringos at the airport they could make some serious publicity) So we are just enjoying our last few days in the DR. Im ready to go, field based training sounds AWESOME. my Protected Areas Management group is going to the base of a mountain in the Comayagua wilderness for almost 2 months. We will all be individually living with host families again, but together all the time. Everyone is alittle nervous about gettig sick of each other, but there are some awesome people in our group. Many of us are just VERY different. But, I have made a few really awesome friends with the same sense of humor, etc.

Spanish is coming along.. I am getting better but still struggling. The largest obstacle is that the DR is not latin america, it is the caRRIBEAN so it sounds like jamaican weird spanish. Apparently it will be much more clear in Honduras. In lieu of trying to immerse in Spanish my english has taken a notiçceable downturn. I think so basically in spanish that now i think that way in english. i guess it just takes time.

I am really hoping to post pics soon, but I just have so little time on the internet that it´s impossible to do right now.

Please let me know what you guys are doing too

3 comments:

  1. hey roo--Trate llamarte esta noche pasado, pero escucho que eras jugando dominoes! Voy a llamar esta noche o la noche de manana.

    How's that for some terrible espanol? Hope you're having a great Saturday.

    Hoy, voy a comer muchos tomates y escuchar mucho musica!

    Te amo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! your blog/life is way cooler than mine...MISS YOU!! My excitement today was wireless internet (doesnt compare?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can probably help you a lot with you Spanish. Me llamo Caroline... good thing I took four semesters and thats all I can remember.

    ReplyDelete